My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Monday 28 June 2010

Sunburn, vegetables and Prom.....

Yesterday was far too warm to be stuck indoors painting ceilings, so we were busy outside in the garden.  Lesson to be learnt for the future - don't do the gardening in shorts and bikini top unless you want to get bad sunburn on your back!!!  Ouch....


I collected another trug full of vegetables, and I had to pull up the rest of my Pak Choi as its all gone to seed (the chickens and rabbit are happy though). 

 Neil decided to dig the soakaway for the garage, crazy in the heat, and he also made me some brick ledges to put my pots on (I think he was fed up having to move all my pots when he wanted to cut the grass).  They look much tidier.



One of my birthday presents from my brother was a herb dryer, so no more trying to dry herbs in the oven (and leaving them in too long to incinerate...). So far I'm drying Oregano, Basil and Mint.

Michael had his School Prom on Thursday, he looked great in his tuxedo.  Here he is with his friends acting the fool as usual.  He is in the centre.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Sympathy on the sunburn! The garden produce looks lovely-I do like the idea of putting the pots up like that-very tidy. Hope your son had a great time at the prom! He and his friends look nice all spiffed up!