My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Seabury Socks

Finally the Seabury socks are finished.

I had asked on my Yahoo lists for suggestions for "two needle" socks as for some reason double pointed needles just don't seem to like me - and a couple of suggestions were for the Seabury socks (pattern can be found here). 
 
At the end of the instructions it says "This odd looking piece is a sock", and it was pretty hard to believe, but yes, once sewn up they are socks....

Next time they need a smaller needle if I use the same wool (hand spun Blueface Leicester/Alpaca mix) as they are slightly too loose, plus I would make the legs a bit longer.


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Just beautiful.......yes, mine turned out a bit too large with my regular sized needles, too. Still, they are so squishy and comfortable to wear!