Last March I started my first ever pair of knitted socks. Having never really got the hang of double pointed needles I found a pattern which used 2 straight needles - I didn't notice till later that the foot was done on dpn's...
I finished the first sock enthusiastically and then started the second.... everything went well until it was time to swap to the dpn's and then I sort of lost interest. I picked them up again last week and finished the second sock today - at last.
They are made from a blend of brown alpaca and white Blue Face Leicester and are really soft... if a little big for me. I am sure they will shrink in the wash (hopefully!).
The lacy pattern doesn't show up that well in the photo, and I do need to thread some thin ribbon about an inch from the top to secure them.
I'm pleased they are finally finished and am now brave enough to try another pair, this time using dpn's.
23 hours ago