My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Thursday 4 November 2010

A weekend away



I spent a lovely weekend away with Mum.  It was our annual "coach trip away" and this time we went to Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight for 3 days. 

We went up the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth.  The views were amazing even though it was grey and raining, and standing on the glass floor looking down was an odd experience!





The autumn colours were amazing, we must have gone away at just the right time
of year.
 Godshill on the Isle of Wight is famous for its pretty cottages.  I should think the residents get fed up with people taking photos of their homes!

 The Chine at Shanklin was pretty too, though very cool and damp.  There were some amazing ferns growing in there, ideal conditions for them.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

My hands got sweaty just looking down through the glass floor! I don't like up when it comes to height! Lovely foliage and homes. Glad the trip was a good time!