My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Monday 2 August 2010

An afternoon with the animals...... fox included....

Saturday afternoon was dry and I didn't want to be stuck indoors, so whilst Neil cut the worktops for the new kitchen, I decided to go for a walk and take some pictures of the animals.

The reindeer were easy to capture when they were eating, and I actually got to touch the soft velvet like coating on Horace's antlers.



                       This female decided to investigate the camera!




I helped to feed the ostriches and managed to stroke one of the ladies (I'm not brave enough to be close to Cedric, the male).

A nice photo of some of the chickens was next, turned the corner and there, bold as brass, sat a fox.  Just looking at me.... even stayed there long enough to get a photo.   Is this the fox guilty of killing lots of chickens lately??? You can't see him clearly in the photo unless you click to zoom in, but he is just sitting there.

And then in the evening back at the house, I found this cute newt (yes it is cute, well I think so, if rather muddy).

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

There is nothing so relaxing as a good nature walk...love the animals! The fox is a beauty.