My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Fresh vegetables from the garden....

Tonight I've been over to the new house watering the garden and picking some lovely fresh vegetables.

I picked peas, pak choi and pulled the first of my carrots.  They are an unusual rainbow variety which produces carrots in colours from white, through yellow, pale orange through to dark orange.  There is a good mix of colours here.

Growing a variety of vegetables is still new to me as until now I've only grown tomatoes, beans and peppers due to lack of space.  Its amazing how you can lose a couple of hours just messing about in the garden.

The baby bunnies are still getting through even the tiniest holes (including through the slats of the gate) so tonight we are fighting back - with another layer of mesh, much finer this time.... hopefully it will work.  Why do rabbits ignore the tough outside leaves of the cabbages and just go the the developing hearts????

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Great looking produce-I have never seen colored carrots-cool! My sympathies on the rabbits-we used to have trouble from the deer and raccoons, too.