My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Saturday 16 January 2010

In an ideal world.....


In an ideal world I would live surrounded by animals and birds... Some would say that in a way I do already (3 cats, 7 chickens, 1 rabbit and some fish, plus my eldest son has turtles), but in this "ideal world" of mine I would love some alpacas, a pygmy goat, maybe a couple of sheep.... One problem, lack of land, oh well, it was only a dream... 

These are some of the photos taken last summer when my birthday treat was an afternoon with an alpaca breeder.  I was surrounded by them all afternoon, helped herd them, walked one... it was a great afternoon.

I do however seem to always be having my photo taken with some form of wildlife.  A couple of weeks ago we went to Happisburgh, my favourite beach in Norfolk. There were lots of huge starfish washed up on the beach, naturally I had to pick one up...


Happisburgh looks a mess, cliffs have been eroded by the sea to a frightening extent over the past 30 years.  Its scary to see the photos of the damage over the years. The parts of the beach I used to play on as a youngster are now way out at sea and over the years many houses have been lost to the sea.  But despite this, I find Happisburgh has its own beauty.  Here is a link.

 www.happisburgh.org.uk


I love any chance to feed the ducks, though at Wroxham I was surrounded by geese, pigeons and swans.  In the photo I am holding some bread up for the seagulls to take from my fingers.  They are used to people and quite tame.  Poor things were hungry as most people were sensible and had stayed at home in the warm....

The snow has gone now (at last) and hopefully it will get warmer soon.


Enough for now.



 

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful pics.....the beaches change here in FL from one storm to another; it causes much respect , doesn't it?!