My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Doves nesting already !!!

We had a real surprise when we startled a dove at the bottom of the orchard - we looked up into the conifer tree and there was a nest.

Mobile phones are handy things, Neil leant up and took a photo to see if there was anything inside the nest, and yes, two lovely eggs.

Does the dove not realise that its only been a couple of days since the last of the snow melted, Spring isn't here yet!!!!

I wish it was though. 

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

I have seen doves my whole life but never a nest or eggs! What a beautiful shot! Encouraging to see Spring will come, isn't it?!