My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Wednesday 25 March 2009

What I am working on...

I'm having fun using my Peg Loom at the moment. I'm using a fluffy mohair (acrylic) type yarn, doubled up, and I am planning on making it into a bag when its finished.



I bought the loom a while back but haven't really used it. Its quite relaxing, and easy to use on your lap whilst watching tv.

Finally finished Mum's scarf, which started off as a cowl. The yarn is Blueface Leicester which I spun up myself, 2ply. Its come out really soft and I am sure she will like it.
I'm finally knitting some socks. Its a lacy pattern from a sock calendar I received as a freebie in my Simply Knitting magazine a few months back. Being useless with dpn's, these are knitted mainly on straight needles until you reach the foot. I am almost at that point so have no idea what will happen when I have to transfer onto the dpn's..... help....


The yarn is a blend of 70/30 dark brown alpaca with some Welsh Mule in white. It was then made into a 2ply with single Welsh Mule. Its come out a nice varigated twist.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Pretty yarns-love the weaving! Looking forward to seeing the completed sock-never seen one knit that way-cool!