My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Monday 26 January 2009

Spinning and Knitting......


Recently I have been spinning and knitting at every opportunity. I've finally finished three dishcloths, all using Peaches and Creme cotton which I love.

The round cloth used a colour called Mexicana and it really doesn't show the colours to their best, its actually really bright and hot spicy pepper colours.



I finished the Alpaca cowl at last. I used two shades of grey as I only had a small amount of each colour. It came out well, the colours work well together, but I did have some trouble spinning the Alpaca as it kept breaking. I need more practice.


I've been spinning some Blueface Leicester fleece which spins up really soft and what I call a true "aran" colour. I've started a cowl for my mum us
ing the yarn and I prefer it to the Alpaca cowl I knitted for myself. It looks better in a plain colour and is softer than the Alpaca which surprises me.




I've got lots of my Jacob's fleece spun up into a 2 ply black/white mix plus lots of small left over bits of yarn. I have no idea what to use them for.



Also I need to wind some more Blueface Leicester into a ball. Its still on Neil's wonderful washer/winder at the moment.

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

haha - thanks for your comment... I wish I could knit!! Love what you've made.

Janey said...

Hi - from someone else who loves what you knit! I have questions however - because I can knit.

You indicated that the alpaca cowl and your mom's cowl are the same pattern. What pattern is it? It is so beautiful!

And the dishcloths - are you with a dishcloth knitting group? I think I recognize the round cloth, and I've knit the figure skate cloth (right?) - but what pattern is the turquoise blue cloth to the left?

Happy winter,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca