My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Monday 1 December 2008

Neil's wonderful invention.....

My partner Neil is wonderful.... and very practical.

After spending ages helping me untangle knots when I was trying to wind the skeins of my spun wool onto the ball winder, he decided there must be an easier way.



He got busy with a couple of old metal coathangers and this is the result - a sort of niddy noddy which you wind the wool onto, wash the wool on it and hang to dry. I then could easily wind the wool onto the ball winder with no knots or tangles.

Ok, so maybe there is something on the market which enables you to skein and wash the wool in one go, but I think Neil's invention is just perfect. He is already working on version two!

No comments: