My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Sunday 30 November 2008

I went up in a helicopter...!!!


Yesterday we were watching the weather as we had a helicopter trip booked for 3pm. Neil had treated me (and himself) to a 20 minute pleasure trip for my birthday in the Summer, but with one thing and another we hadn't taken it. We did try in October but there were howling gales and heavy rain so they cancelled it.

Blue skies met us yesterday morning but then it clouded up a lot. By 2pm the cloud started to break which was lucky.

The helicopter looked very small close by. There were 4 of us on the flight as well as John the Pilot, Neil, myself and two elderly gentlemen, one with a 70th and the other with an 80th birthday present.

We took off and it was great, the sun shone a lot of the time and we went firstly over Coltishall (good view of the now abandoned RAF station), over to Wroxham with some wonderful views of the Norfolk Broads. It was amazing just how many fields were underwater, and just how big the Broads are - they look smaller when you stand on the bank.

We then flew over the areas where the other gentlemen lived and as we headed back to the airport flew right near our house. You could see it so clearly but unfortunately the photo I took came out too blurry. Got a good shot of Tescos though!

All in all, it was great, thank you Neil for a great birthday present.

No comments: