My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Friday 10 October 2008

Roosters and fine lace


Seeing as how I am a big chicken fan, I just had to stitch "Rodney The Rooster" which can be found here (no picture but pattern) http://www.knittingknonsense.com/roostercloth.html

Only took one evening to knit and I found that it has improved with each wash. Was a bit stiff to start with. I used Peaches & Creme in Burgundy.

Lacey Round
Once I had knitted the Lacey Round in Peaches & Creme I thought that it might look good in a much finer thread. I ordered some from a well known internet auction site... and this is the result. I'm really pleased with how it came out, but next time I won't do the extra row of knit at the end to help sew it up as it made it a bit too bulky.

The thread was Lyscordet fine knitting cotton no. 5. The ones I have are really old but I have checked and you can still buy it (though more modern packaging...) and it is made by Twilleys. I think it is a 3ply equivalent. Was surprisingly easy to knit with on 2.75mm bamboo needles.

No comments: