My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Thursday 2 July 2009

Guess what I did for my birthday??? Alpacas...

Last Saturday my partner Neil had organised a surprise for my birthday. I had no idea where I was going or what I would be doing. I was still non the wiser as we drove down tiny single track roads in the middle of nowhere..... And there they were, Alpacas....

He had organised a personal tour of an Alpaca breeders, 3 hours with the owner.

She has over 130 Alpacas at the moment, plus a few Llama. I helped to herd some youngsters, put on a harness and take one for a walk, plus of course lots of cuddles of the babies....

To finish the afternoon off we had a cup of coffee and some cake sitting in a field with Alpacas just wandering around us.

Having seen the different colours of fleece, I now want to spin all the colours!


A one off experience which I will always remember. Trouble is, "I want some" but have nowhere to put them.....

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, what an excellent gift! Glad you had a good time.