My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Friday 8 May 2009

First baby reindeer of the year.


My future in-laws have two herds of reindeer, and the first baby was born on Wednesday. No name yet, but so cute.

Mum looks a bit scruffy as she is losing her thick winter coat. Another couple of weeks and she will look much neater!

Last year there were three babies, two pure white and one brown like this one.

Here is my future father in law cuddling the baby. He had caught it so he could put in the ear tag - he doesn't normally go around cuddling reindeer...

I get to visit at the weekend, cant wait, and there may even be more babies by then as the other five females are all due anytime.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Just adorable........so can you spin the shed fur of the reindeer?!

Windyridge said...

What adorable babies.