My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
I'm Susan and I live in a small village north of Norwich, UK. My main hobbies are reading, gardening, spinning and knitting, though not necessarily in that order....

Saturday 16 May 2009

Baby day...

Its been a day of babies..... animal babies that is..
I got to hold a reindeer born only a couple of hours earlier, a little boy. I was so lucky as its something I've wanted to do for ages.

His mum is also in the photo waiting for me to give back her baby, and here she is with her son.




And then I got to cuddle a Miniature Zebu calf who is only a couple of days old. He was amazingly strong and holding onto him was a bit of a struggle...

I had previously fallen over backwards when he moved suddenly, and just missed sitting in a cowpat...

Here is the whole Zebu herd - they are Miniature Zebu. Mum is the black cow at the back.


It total there have been five baby reindeer born so far, and just the one baby zebu.


And finally - Fudge. Ok so his isn't a baby, but a miniature Shetland pony, so tiny.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

So cool to see the baby reindeer-thanks for sharing your day!

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - holding a baby reindeer is a pretty special thing! Love the photos.